It’s that time of year again. Time for 8th graders who are looking to become Baton Rouge High School Bulldogs to start the application process for next year.
BRHS Open House for prospective students will be held on Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 8 AM til 9:30 AM. This is a great opportunity for prospective students and their parents to see the school and determine if BRHS is the place for them.
There are 4 informational sessions at this Open House including: (1)Information for prospective families, (2) Application and Admission Procedures, (3) Curriculum and extracurricular activites, and (4) Tour of the Campus. The tour is designed to allow prospective students and their families to get a glimpse of everything Baton Rouge High School has to offer. Parking is limited, so remember to carpool with another family if possible.
The million dollar question is a two part one: “Who is accepted into BRHS and when will we know?”
• All students must meet the 2.5 overall GPA requirement in order to be considered for enrollment, regardless of school affiliation.
• Applicants must reside in East Baton Rouge Parish School System District.
• Application Period is October 8, 2018 to November 26, 2018.
• Admission notification letters will be mailed directly to parents early January from the EBRPSS Magnet Office.
• Magnet Selection Process (Lottery System)
~ Magnet Progression
~ Sibling Preference
~ Eligible students who have scored proficiently on LEAP 2025 (EBR Students 2017-2018) or other students who have achieved a Reading and Math stanine of 5 on a district approved or district administered norm-referenced assessment.
• Along with the online application, please hand deliver or upload & attach two proofs of residency, the student’s most recent 2018 test scores and the last 2 years of final grades . These items must be submitted within 72 hours from the submission of the application.
Phone: (225) 960-2636
Fax: (225) 344-7413